Donations, Membership and Gifts
Your Support is Needed!
In order to continue offering our activities, we need to have active involvement by all those who value having a Tibetan Buddhist Center in Iowa City. In order to meet our monthly expenses of about $1775 per month, we ask that you either make regular donations, or become a member of the Center.
The intention of the membership program is to create a strong community, to foster a sense of shared responsibility for supporting the Dharma and to encourage and support one another’s practice. Membership dues provide the center with a steady stream of income and will allow us to stabilize the center financially.
- Student & Senior Membership: $10 per month
- Basic Membership: $25 per month
- Nurturing Membership: $35 per month
- Sustaining Membership: $50 per month
- Enduring Membership: $100 per month
- Membership thru gifts of volunteer time (please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for details.)
- All members have voting rights. Each year we will have a sangha meeting in which members will have an opportunity to vote for board members.
- Members are entitled to attend all weekly classes without making an additional donation.
How to Contribute
There are 4 contribution methods available:
1) Use our online donation method.
2) Put a check in our Donation Box
3) Send us a check via regular mail:
Please make checks payable to:
Milarepa Buddhist Center
1907 G Street
Iowa City, Iowa 52240
4) Hills Bank customers: Direct Deposit available
Non-profit Status Information: Milarepa Buddhist Center is registered as a non-profit religious organization with the State of Iowa. Our paperwork to become registered as a 501(c)3 tax-exempt organization in May of 2021.
Alternatives to Financial Contribution
No-one will be turned away as a sangha member due to the inability to make a financial contribution at the levels listed above. If your situation requires an alternative arrangement, please contact us. We have work-study programs available for membership as well as partial payment plans. Scholarships for classes and other events are readily available. Please contact Ellen Marie at: email@example.com or text: 937-244-1961
Gifts or Contributions of Time
Of course, we also welcome and need contributions of your time as a volunteer! Please let us know if you would be interested in helping with any of these areas: fundraising, special events, lama visits, children’s education, community service, instruction of yoga, tai chi or qigong or other energy modality.
The Milarepa Buddhist Center is registered as a non-profit religious organization with the State of Iowa. We are in the process of submitting our paperwork to become registered as a 501(c)3 tax-exempt organization.
Our Monthly Expenses
G Street Lease: $1400
Internet Costs $75
Khenpo Thupsang groceries $200
Total Monthly Costs: $1775