DONATIONS & MEMBERSHIP
We welcome donations of money and time on a one-time basis. You can make a one-time donation here. Please contact us if you have itmes that you would like to donate to the center such as Dharma books.
The intention of the membership program is to create a strong community, to foster a sense of shared responsibility for supporting the Dharma and to encourage and support one another’s practice. Membership dues provide the center with a steady stream of income and will allow us to stabilize the center financially.
- Student & Senior Membership: $10 per month
- Basic Membership: $25 per month
- Nurturing Membership: $50 per month
- Sustaining Membership: $75 per month
- Enduring Membership: $100 per month
- Membership thru gifts of volunteer time (please contact us at email@example.com for details.)
- All members have voting rights. Each year we will have a sangha meeting in which members will have an opportunity to vote for board members.
- Members are entitled to attend all weekly classes without making an additional donation.
Garchen Mila Buddhist Center is a registered 501(c)3 tax-exempt organization with church status. All donations made to our organization are tax-deductible.
*Please note that while we are doing business as Garchen Mila Buddhist Center – we are still registered with the state of Iowa as Milarepa Buddhist Center of Iowa and your tax deductions should be noted under our registered name.
Alternatives to Financial Contribution
No-one will be turned away as a sangha member due to the inability to make a financial contribution at the levels listed above. If your situation requires an alternative arrangement, please contact us. We have work-study programs available for membership as well as partial payment plans. Please contact Ellen Marie at: firstname.lastname@example.org or text: 937-244-1961
Gifts or Contributions of Time
Of course, we also welcome and need contributions of your time as a volunteer! Please let us know if you would be interested in helping with any of these areas: fundraising, special events, lama visits, children’s education, community service, instruction of yoga, tai chi or qigong or other energy modality.
The Garchen Mila Buddhist Center is a 501(c)3 tax-exempt organization.
internet, insurance, accounting: $170
Total Monthly Costs: $787
How to Contribute
There are 3 contribution methods available:
1) Use our online donation method.
2) Hills Bank customers: Direct Deposit available
3) We always accept donations thru the US mail! If mailing us a donation please use the following address:
Milarepa Buddhist Center of Iowa
P.O. Box 5352
Coralville, Iowa 52241