Garchen Mila Buddhist Center – Membership
Your Support is Needed!
In order to continue offering our activities, we need to have active involvement by all those who value having a Tibetan Buddhist Center in Iowa City. In order to meet our monthly expenses of about $950 per month, we ask that you either make regular donations, or become a member of the Center.
The intention of the membership program is to create a strong community, to foster a sense of shared responsibility for supporting the Dharma and to encourage and support one another’s practice. Membership dues provide the center with a steady stream of income and will allow us to stabilize the center financially.
- Student & Senior Membership: $10 per month
- Basic Membership: $25 per month
- Nurturing Membership: $35 per month
- Sustaining Membership: $50 per month
- Enduring Membership: $100 per month
- Membership thru gifts of volunteer time (please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for details.)
- All members have voting rights. Each year we will have a sangha meeting in which members will have an opportunity to vote for board members.
- Members are entitled to attend all weekly classes without making an additional donation.
How to Contribute
There are 3 contribution methods available:
1) Use our online donation method.
2) Put a check in our Donation Box
3) Hills Bank customers: Direct Deposit available
Garchen Mila Buddhist Center is a registered 501(c)3 tax-exempt organization with church staus. All donations made to our organization are tax-deductible.
*Please note that while we are doing business as Garchen Mila Buddhist Center – we are still registered with the state of Iowa as Milarepa Buddhist Center of Iowa and your tax deductions should be noted under our registered name.
Alternatives to Financial Contribution
No-one will be turned away as a sangha member due to the inability to make a financial contribution at the levels listed above. If your situation requires an alternative arrangement, please contact us. We have work-study programs available for membership as well as partial payment plans. Scholarships for classes and other events are readily available. Please contact Ellen Marie at: email@example.com or text: 937-244-1961
Gifts or Contributions of Time
Of course, we also welcome and need contributions of your time as a volunteer! Please let us know if you would be interested in helping with any of these areas: fundraising, special events, lama visits, children’s education, community service, instruction of yoga, tai chi or qigong or other energy modality.
The Milarepa Buddhist Center is registered as a non-profit religious organization with the State of Iowa. We are in the process of submitting our paperwork to become registered as a 501(c)3 tax-exempt organization.
Donation for 113 S. Johnson Street: $500
Administrative Expenses: $200
Food and Stipend for Khenpo Thupsang: $250
Total Monthly Costs: $950